Introducing Service Learning
Christina Bachman is the new Outreach and Enrollment Specialist at Salina Family Healthcare Center & Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency Program. She is also a Certified Navigator for the Marketplace Insurance. As such, Christina is able to:
• Educate people in the community about health insurance options
• Assist with enrollment process for the Marketplace Insurance on line, by paper, or over the phone
• Inform the public that anyone can make an appointment regardless if they are a patient of Salina Family Healthcare Center or not
• Educate that services are free to the community
• Give presentations to groups of people such as employees and/or consumers
Christina’s main role in the community and surrounding counties is to do outreach and help enroll people in the Marketplace Insurance that began October 1. Located at Salina Family Healthcare Center, the services are free and people don’t have to be patients at SRHC. Christina helps file for an exclusion from the penalty of not having insurance as well assisting them with enrolling for healthcare coverage in the Marketplace insurance, and eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP programs
Christina has recently been a guest at the United Priority Cabinet meetings at Salina Area United Way. By speakers such as Christina we hope to emphasize critical thinking and personal reflection while encouraging a heightened sense of community, civic engagement, and personal responsibility.
Christina can be reached at (785) 825-7251.
If you or anyone you know of would like to learn more about presenting community information, please click here to e-mail the Salina Area United Way staff.